Saturday, June 25, 2016

This is a chance of a lifetime!

I can't believe that I only have 2 1/2 weeks left here in the MTC.  Time is going by so fast!  My teacher told me something that really hit me hard.  He said that we will never have an opportunity or an experience like this ever again.  The MTC is such a sacred place where I can constantly feel the spirit.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by hundreds of people who are also representatives of our savior.

Our devotionals this week were amazing.  On Sunday, we had missionaries who had been converted within the past two years share their stories about their conversion.  It was so amazing to hear about their stories about how the gospel truly changed their lives for the better.   One of them said, "The gospel filled a hole in me that I didn't even know I had."  It really touched me and me so excited to be able to change people's lives in Argentina.  That devotional reminded me of a quote that says "The gospel isn't just a good way to live life, it is the reason why we live our life."
On Tuesday, Brent Nielson spoke to us about how we measure success on the mission.  His wife spoke before him, and I really loved her talk.  She described the MTC experience as a time where we are being pruned, like a bush.  We had everything that was comfortable to us taken away: family, friends, hobbies, cellphone, etc.  But she said that is was important that we disconnected from everything else in order to connect to Christ.  I think that is so true.  I'm grateful that I am disconnected because now I can focus on my purpose as a missionary.  As for being successful on my mission, I know that if I am exactly obedient, and I do everything that I can to invite others unto Christ, then I will have a successful mission.  He said said to remember, " The world measures success by how many people you're better than, the Lord measures success by how many people are better off because of you."

The rest of the week was the same old schedule, except they are having a seminar for the new mission presidents right now so we have general authorities coming to the MTC!  I haven't been able to see anyone yet, but I see all the security guards so that's cool.

It has honestly been so amazing here.  I have the best teachers, who are so in tune with the spirit, and who really help me and strengthen my testimony.  The language is slowly getting better every day, I am starting to get more confident when I teach investigators in Spanish.  

Thank you all for your love and prayers!

Love and miss you all!


Con amor,


Hermana Norman





No comments:

Post a Comment