Saturday, June 18, 2016

Half way there!

I can't believe it has already been another week here in the MTC.  Time is starting to fly by.  I am basically half way done here at the MTC!  So last Sunday, My companion and I taught Relief Society, we talked about Enduring to the End.  Near the end of our lesson, I shared something from a blog post that Grandma Ho Ching sent to me the day before.  It said:

Did you realize that while Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane, He would have known exactly where He was situated on the Mount of Olives that excruciating night. He knew the landscape and geography very well. His friends were asleep. He was all alone under the cover of night. He would have known that all he’d have had to do to avoid what he called “His hour” and what He knew of Roman brutality…was to walk up that hill over into the Judean desert, and no one would have known. He would be gone and no one could have traced Him…but He stayed. He endured. He fulfilled His mission. For you.
And we can do the same for Him.
I got emotional trying to read this because over these past three weeks, my love for the savior has grown so much.  I have developed such a strong testimony of the atonement, and whenever I think or complain about being tired then I just think about what the Savior has done for me and it motivates me to keep enduring and to finish my mission, not just these next 18 months, but for the rest of my life.
Sunday night, Mark Lusvardi spoke at the devotional, really awesome talk about staying on course during our mission and making course corrections whenever we veer off path.  The Tuesday devotional was also amazing.  Ulisses Soares spoke, and he talked about being 100% obedient, and the importance of representing Christ. He said, "The happiest missionaries are the obedient missionaries."  I definitely know this is true because I know the Lord will be able to work miracles in my life when I am exactly obedient.  
On Wednesday, I won Four-Square.  It was a huge deal, I almost cried because I was so happy.  Also, my companion and I still play rock/paper/scissors for fun. 
This week we starting teaching our first TRC, her name is Viri.  Our first lesson with her went really well, we talked about the Restoration, and asked her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  Our second lesson was awful, she seemed really disinterested in our message, and she basically looked like she was going to fall asleep as we were talking to her.  So we left that lesson not feeling too confident, but then we decided that we were only going to learn from it and just do better the next time.  Yesterday, we taught her again, and we taught about the principles of the gospel, and she said she would prepare to be baptized! This really taught me that I can't waste time being discouraged when something doesn't go exactly the way I want it to, this is all in the Lord's time.  I'm really learning to really on Him and on the Spirit.  
I've also memorized the first vision in Spanish, and every time I recite it during a lesson the spirit is so strong.  My testimony and appreciation of the prophet Joseph Smith has grown so much.  We sang "Praise to the Man" as a choir this week, and the spirit was so strong.  Choir is seriously the best thing ever.
I love my district, my roomies, and my companion.  
Learning Spanish is hard but I'm slowly getting better and better.
I love and miss you all, thank you for the DearElders and emails!
With Love,
Hermana Norman
Love my companion, Hermana Nokes and roommates!

  


meal time!

Elder Utai also going to Argentina Salta Mission






Elder Satuala got my camera

another package from my Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment