Saturday, June 11, 2016

So exhausted!

This week has been the most exhausting week of my whole life, but I have also learned so much in the past week.  First of all, I would like to say that I know everyone was worried about me waking up on time in the morning because I love to sleep, but I am happy to say that I have never used my alarm clock while I have been here.  I wake up on my own around 6:15 every morning, it is honestly so strange. But anyway,  I guess I'll just talk about my week then..

Sunday
Breanna's Birthday!  Happy birthday to my beautiful sister.  I hope Jordan spoiled you. I love you!
I love love love Sundays here at the MTC, they are so spiritual, and it is so nice to have a break from the constant studying.  For our Sunday night devotional, Sheri Dew came and spoke with us.  She was amazing.  She talked about how important it is to ask questions, and she explained that we are seekers not doubters.  Then we watched a talk by Elder Bednar, titled "Character of Christ."  I cried for the first time in the MTC when I listened to his talk.  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  He spoke about turning outward instead of inward, thinking more about the people we are serving instead of being selfish.  It honestly has changed my whole perspective about missionary work.

Monday: Regular day. About 9 hours spent in the classroom studying and learning spanish.

Tuesday:  
My favorite day in the MTC so far.  I had the opportunity to sing in the MTC choir during the Elder Bednar devotional.  It was so special because we sang a song that Elder Bednar wrote himself, it is called "One by one."  It was the first time that this song has been performed, and some of Elder Bednar's grand kids sang with us.  So Elder Bednar spoke to us first, and you could feel the spirit as soon as he entered the room.  It was amazing to have an apostle of the Lord come and speak to us. He spoke about how the Lord knows us one by one, and how there are no coincidences when we are on the Lord's errand.  Following his talk, the choir sang.  I was in tears as we sang because the spirit was so so strong.  I will never forget that experience.

The rest of the week is honestly a blur, all the days seem to be the same.  Lots of time spent in the classroom.  My day usually consists of sitting in class and eating.  It is quite exciting.

I am getting along really well with my district; we are all really close with each other already.  They all think that I was on Suite Life of Zack and Cody..so that's cool.

Thank goodness for exercise time.  You know what is super popular here? Four-square.  I get so competitive playing that game.  Also, after being in the MTC for almost two weeks you notice
things that weren't fun or funny before the mission are all of the sudden super fun and funny.  I find a lot of joy playing rock/paper/scissors now.  That's actually really sad now that I think about it.  But it's all good, I enjoy living in this MTC bubble completely disconnected from the rest of the world!

I would just like to thank everyone for writing me DearElders, they are honestly the best thing ever.  At the end of a long and hard day, it is so nice to hear from family and friends.  Please keep writing them, but could you also put your email addresses on there, so I can email you back!

Just want to say that its official.. I have the best mom.  Somehow on the days when I was feeling a little discouraged, I always got a package from her.  These aren't just little packages either, they are filled with all the treats I love, and with quotes and talks that I needed to hear.  Also, she sent me my favorite homemade chocolate chip cookies, I cried because I was so happy. And yes mom, I did share, which is a big deal for me.  But hey that's me now, being all Christlike and such.

We get to go to the temple today, and I am so excited for that.  It's the spiritual boost I need after such a long and exhausting week.  I also have not been sleeping very well here, and I guess I have getting up during the night and I walk around.  It is starting to freak my roommates out, but oh well!  Whenever I feel so tired, I just read Alma 17, great reminder to keep going no matter how hard it is!

Well, I love and miss you all!  I love it here, and I am learning so much about this gospel.  The church is true, and here is a little inspirational quote that I like, "When you help a man to the top of the mountain, you often find yourself at the top too."  

With love,

Hermana Norman


Pics to come...still trying to figure out how to upload them....lol!
And here they are!


 Sister Nokes!
Roomies
Elder Satuala is one of my best friends from college

















 Our district



 Elder Clarke (my first cousin on my father's side) going to Texas Lubbock Mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment