Saturday, June 4, 2016

First Email! Hoorah for Israel!


My beautiful parents,

First of all, I am so glad that you found the thumbdrive!  I went to bed that night freaking out because I remembered during my prayer that I forgot to tell you guys about it!  Anyway, today is Pday for me, so I will write you every Saturday.

I love it here.  I am so crazy busy that I don't even have time to miss home.  Of course I miss everyone, but know that I am doing so well here.  My companion is Hermana Nokes, she is amazing.  She is from Riverton, and she hunts, plays a lot of sports, and loves to talk.  She has such a sweet spirit, and we get along really well.  It was funny because the other day when we were running on the track during exercise time, she kept trying to have a conversation with me while we were running, and I was like, "Hermana, I can barely breathe right now, let alone carry a conversation with you."  But she's great, I'm really excited to get to know her better.  We have two other hermanas and six elders in our zone, we are all going to Argentina.  But only three of the elders are going to Salta with me.  

The days are so long here.  We spend most of the day, about nine hours, learning and studying spanish.  Hermana Nokes and I taught our first investigator yesterday, and we taught her in Spanish!  It was so hard, but I think it will just continually get easier.  I see Elder Satuala all the time especially when we are in the cafeteria eating, it is so nice to see a familiar face.

So I forgot to bring my camera, so there are no pictures this week, but I'll be better next week.  We just are so busy throughout the day that I forget the small things, like my camera.  

The spirit is so strong here, it is so comforting to be surrounded by so many people who have the same desire to serve our savior.  I have learned so much in the short time that I've been here so far.  It is definitely true, being a missionary is hard work, but it is so worth it.  I'm really striving to use my time wisely because I feel like every minute I spend here is precious.  I keep reminding myself that this is for HIM.  The song "Because I have been given much, I too must give" keeps coming to my mind throughout the day because I truly feel like I have been given so much.  I have been blessed with an amazing family, and I have the gospel!  What more could I ask for?  So I feel like the least I can do is go out and work hard for these next 18 months.

I love you so much Mom and Dad.  Please tell the boys and Breanna that I love and miss them too.  Why haven't they emailed me?!  I can't email any of them because I don't have their emails!  Anyway, don't worry about me, I am doing great, and I am loving every second here.  I know that the Lord is watching over me and he is watching over you.  I love you and miss you.  

ps.  There is a website called DearElder or something like that where you can send in your letter on the computer and then they print it off here at the MTC, FOR FREE!  So if you want to do that it would be nice to have some hard letters.  Tell other people to send them too! Like Grandma, Grandpa, aunties, uncles, siblings, Ana, Ohi, Nica, Tupu, Lai and Fua...okay EVERYONE!

I love you so much.  Thank you for everything you guys have done to help me to get here! I am so grateful.

The church is true!

WIth love,

Hermana Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment