Monday, August 29, 2016

Nothing is a "coincidence"

my zone after an open house
I truly believe that there are no ´´coincidences´´ when you are on the Lord´s errand.  My companion and I had a pretty amazing experience this week.  We were walking in the street trying to find an address of a reference we received.  We were lost.. so we decided to go into a little pharmacy and ask for help with the address.  A woman and her daughter were working and they were very friendly and helped us find the street we were looking for.     We started to talk about how we were missionaries, and then we ended up giving them a Book of Mormon.. then my companion and I had an impression to read a verse with her.  We read Mosiah 2:41, and she started crying.  Right there in a small little pharmacy, the spirit filled the room, and we were able to bear testimony of a book that could change her life.  She said she wanted to go to church, learn more, and be baptized.  The bittersweet part.. she doesn´t live in our area, she only works in our area.  So we passed her information to the Elders that are in her area.  I´m just happy that we were able to find them, and introduce them to the gospel! It was an amazing experience, and I know that it wasn´t a coincidence that we walked into that specific pharmacy to ask for help.

If anyone to looking for a good read, I would recommend Elder Bednar´s talk from General Conference in May 2015.  Helped me a lot this week!

Something that happened this week...it rained yesterday and we had to walk to a members' house. I was kind of excited as I haven't had a chance to use my awesome umbrella. It's funny the little things that I get excited for...anywho...we get to the member's house and she tells us to leave our umbrellas outside the front door. We do. When we go to leave, my umbrella is gone. My companion's is still there, but mines is no where to be found! It was stolen! So now I am umbrella-less and I need to buy one here. They aren't very good ones, but I guess I can make do. I just hope that whoever took it, really needed it more than I did. I hope it shades them from the sun and keeps them dry in the rain. I hope it makes them happy!

There are two beautiful weddings happening this weekend! Congrats to my cousin Ohi and Tui, and one of my best friends Becca and Al!! So happy for you guys! Please send pics!
Also, to the future Sister Loo, Happy 20th Birthday, and good luck on your farewell talk this weekend!

I know my emails are short, but I seriously have an hour to read all my emails and type any that I send. I try to get my weekly one out with some pics (they take forever to download), and at least one to my family. Plus I chat with my Mom the whole time. So again, I am sorry if I do not return an email, but know that I am forever grateful to hear from each of you. I hope this mass email/blog post will suffice.

I have been having problems with my feet being really sore. But they feel a little better, The weather is so bipolar, and I am loving every second here.  I am truly so happy! The language is slowly coming along... but everytime I feel discourage I know I just need to serve more.. and focus more on others... Go to the temple this week! I miss that... 

Love you all!
Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
michaela.norman@myldsmail.net
with some of the girls in our ward and our investigator, Jazzy





No comments:

Post a Comment