Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Appreciate the little things....


This week was really good! It is freezing here in Jujuy!  Everyone be grateful for heaters....because we don´t have that here!  Our apartment is all cinder block and tile and so it is like an icebox. Being in the 20s is no bueno. I sleep in my trusty sleeping bag that Mom insisted that I bring. Luckily, I have a Dad who knew what to look for to keep me warm at nights. When we do our studies, we are in our hats, gloves, scarves and coats. Its THAT cold! 



But we have been working with an inactive member, his name is Fabio, he is 21, and he has been inactive for 11 years.  He smokes and drinks daily.. but since we have been meeting with him he has stopped drinking, and he is down to one cigarette every other day!  This is a miracle, because he has been trying to quit drinking for so long!  I know that it´s because of the atonement, that he can overcome this trial and addiction in his life. However,  this week none of our investigators came to church because it was so cold... :(

We just finished playing soccer with our zone. I got hit in the face and I have a swollen eye to show for it. LOL....I can hear my family now, "at least it wasn't your nose this time!" 

But I am safe. I am happy. I am fed (I need more hunger, as the food is soooo good here! Gaining weight is inevitable), and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my mission.
So grateful for my Savior, and for the opportunity to be a representative of Him.  I love serving him everyday. 

Also Thank you so much Uncle Vaga, Aunty Tina and their kids for the hand written letters! I loved having something to read! It meant the world to me! THANK YOU! 

Also, saw the pics of the weddings this past weekend, Kaohi and Becca, you both looked GORGEOUS.  Thank you Becca for sending me an invitation, I got it yesterday!! Sealed for time and all eternity in the house of the Lord! What a blessing!

This week I am so appreciative of the life I have. For the home my parents raised me in. The opportunity to have the gospel everywhere in Utah. For my family and friends that loved me and were great examples to me. For the opportunity to serve a mission. 

Don´t have much time left to write. All my time is usually taken by writing my Mission President in Spanish...such a hard thing for me to do. I hope as time goes on, it gets easier and faster. 
Thank you for your love and prayers!


With much love,
Hermana Norman

The infamous tag pics
We are well fed by the members here. The people are so supportive and helpful.


Our zone activity last week was going to a park called Tilcara






No comments:

Post a Comment