Monday, August 22, 2016

Baptism!!!


What a memorable week it has been! We had our first baptism!  Such an amazing moment, and I couldn´t help but get emotional during the confirmation.  The spirit was so strong! I can´t even describe the joy I felt these past few days, knowing that I was able to be an instrument in the Lord´s hand to help bring Lucas unto Christ.  I was reminded that day why I chose to serve a mission! 
But it´s funny how Satan works.. I was on cloud nine after the baptism and the confirmation on Sunday. Then we had lunch some members Sunday afternoon, and for some reason I had the hardest time understanding them.  They talked so fast, and I felt so lost the entire time I was there.  I started to doubt myself again and inability to speak the language still. But then during my personal study, I found something that really comforted me.  I read D&C 1:23, which talks about how the gospel will be preached by the weak.. and yup that´s me.  I know I am weak, but I find strength in Christ.  It is during those times of weakness, that we are humbled, and we can recognize the small tender mercies in our life.  I am so so grateful for this humbling opportunity, each day I find more reasons why I love the life I live. 
I ATE INTESTINES THIS WEEK.  Yeah, I cried a little, but I did it.
I can´t believe I have been in Argentina for 6 weeks!  My companion and I are getting along really well, and I love the people here!  Thank you all for your love and prayers! 

Con amor,
Hermana Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment