Monday, October 2, 2017

Sweet 16!

Yesterday was my "sweet 16"!
16 months in the mission! Best 16 months of my life!

I got to spend it in the best way possible, listening to General Conference!

It was an amazing, spiritually uplifting weekend. Many prayers and questions were answered as we gathered here in Santiago Argentina to listen to the words of our leaders.

One talk that I really loved was by President Uchtdorf in the Saturday Morning session. He talked about why we should turn to the Lord. He said that not only will our life be better but God will use us to make the lives of OTHERS better too!
God knows we are imperfect but he uses us anyway to bring about His eternal purposes.

This week, I felt very inadequate, especially in my calling to serve as an Hermana Leader. We did splits twice this week, and I just felt very overwhelmed and stressed, and that maybe there was some else more qualified to serve as a leader.  But after watching conference, I realized that God is fully aware of my imperfections, but if I am willing, and put in the effort, He will use me. After all, we are the pencil, he is the author. Grateful that God asks us to do hard things so that we can trust in Him and become better.

Everything is great here in Santiago!

Fernanda received a clear answer that the church is true and wants to be baptized. She struggles with a tobacco addiction. So we are working with her and using the promise of the Book of Mormon to help her overcome this addiction.

Familia Vasquezcura. They also have been reading and praying and are progressing! When we taught them the Restoration, it was very powerful when we shared Joseph Smith's first vision. Jenny, the Mom, said that she too had always had the question of what church is true! She said that as she sat in our church she received the confirmation that this truly is Christ's true church.

Ricardo, Benjamin and Solange are progressing in the Lord's time!

Wednesday night, it rained and it was cold! No one opened their doors to us We were on splits too and the Hermana said maybe we should just go home. We would only be home 15 minutes early. but I think this was a test of our faith and our obedience We kept knocking doors, and of course after receiving A LOT of rejection, a family let us in. It would have been easy to have just gone home, but when we show God that we really are willing to do whatever it takes he will lend us and guide us to those that will receive us, OR we  can feel confident in knowing that if we follow the counsel, "I'll go where you want me to go", even if it leads to rejection that God is testing us!

Random things that make me smile:
-while I was running in the morning, an old man told me I looked like I was going to die! He told me to run slower...thanks old man!

-our power went out DURING our prayer. We opened our eyes and we were in the dark!

-I killed 4 spiders this week. More than I have in my whole lifetime!

-I got a severe ear infection 😦

-our Bishop is a black belt

-they put sweet corn on their pizzas

-when we were sleeping we heard a random explosion and then an alarm system go off. Did I get out of bed? NOPE! We still don't know what happened!

-I have a new obsession with jello

-they found the guy that has been stealing from the Elders that live right next to us! They got most of their stuff back!

-I 💗Argentina!!!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman









No comments:

Post a Comment