Monday, October 30, 2017

I AM SO HAPPY!!!

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

SOLANGE WAS BAPTIZED!!!
It was such a special day. So many miracles were witnessed to help this special girl get baptized.

In our lesson this past Tuesday, we asked Solange how she was feeling. She said that she felt really good and that she wanted to be baptized this week before she had to be admitted in the hospital again. So we got everything ready so that she could be baptized Friday afternoon. She was so excited and so nervous, she had a huge smile the whole night. Seeing her in all white standing in the baptismal font; my heart was so full. She looked like a small angel and after being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost, she glowed! She told us, "I'm not scared anymore. I know Heavenly Father is always watching over my family and I. She is amazing! So strong and so full of faith and hope. Today she starts another round of chemo therapy. 10 days in the hospital.

PLEASE KEEP THIS SWEET GIRL IN YOUR PRAYERS.

Hermana Daldegan and I are working hard to find new people and to help everyone obtain a testimony of the church. Fernanda will be baptized this Saturday. Please pray that she can be strong enough to resist the temptation to smoke.

This past Tuesday we had a meeting/council with Presidente Orquera for all the leaders of the mission. This was my last one! So at the end, all those who are ending their mission had to bear their testimony. It was a very unreal feeling, I feel like I'm still in denial, not wanting to believe that this is my last transfer. But as I bore my testimony, I realized how different my testimony is compared to where it was when I first started the mission. Yes, I believed all the same things, but now I feel like there is a confirmation and I have so much more confidence in what I know to be TRUE! My testimony has truly become a part of who I am, something I treasure!

I'm literally trying to talk to as many Argentines as I can and to just always share my testimony.

When the creepy old men whistle at us, we smile, and give them an invitation to church and share a quick testimony.

When someone's dog tries to attack us, we talk to the owner.

When we go get ice cream (often), we talk with the ice cream guy.

There are just so many opportunities to serve and share the gospel. It's sad because sometimes we get too caught up in the busyness of our lives and we miss small opportunities to help someone in need. I invite everyone to take a moment and to take a step back from the craziness of our lives, and find someone or do something kind for someone else.

We found Luciana this past week, and she told us that after our first visit, her life changed completely. It was as if she had a new light and hope in life. The gospel and light of Christ truly changes lives!

In one of our lessons, a man came and interrupted holding an empty bag. The man started whispering with our investigator and all I heard was "but its heavy". And I was thinking, "oh my, what is happening?" Then he goes out to the back of the house and about 10 minutes later, he comes back into the house, with the something large and heavy inside the bag. He hurries past us and leaves but left an awful smell. I casually ask, "jaja, what was that?" And she says, "Our dead dog." My companion said my face was priceless, when she told us. jajaja But that's not all. Then the little daughter walks in and the mom starts picking out lice! I casually pulled my hair back and finished the lesson. But hey, they are interested in being baptized!

Also, the Familia Miraglio had an accident this past week. But first, this is the family that treats us like their daughters. They are always taking care of us. I love them SO MUCH! But anyway, Roberto (the dad) and their son, Lucas, were on a motorcycle when they crashed into a dog. They were going 90 km/hr, I don't know how fast that is in mph, but they went flying. Luckily they were bothering helmets, and they only suffered minor cuts and bruises. Roberto says that he knows that the Lord protected them because he said that they obviously destroyed their clothes from skidding on the road. But he said because he went to the temple, his covenants protected him. Pretty amazing. Im so glad that they are okay.

Yesterday was our stake conference. Good stuff. Two girls opened their mission calls during the conference in front of everyone! Brought back many good memories. Xerox is a member in our ward and she will be serving in Chile, Concepcion!

But this past week has been really good. We did splits with some Hermanas in our zone, and it is always fun working with other missionaries.

Tomorrow is Halloween!! Everyone enjoy it. They don't celebrate it here. Eat lots of candy for me.

Remember 2 Nephi 2:25:
"We are, that we might have joy"💗
Be kind to Everyone!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
Hermana Daldegan and ME!! She is a rock and helps me to be strong!
Best mission in the world!
YUMMY
This angel was baptized 10/27/17
Love this special girl


 

Solange with the unicorn and CTR bracelet from my family 
Video for my family: Solange says Gracias!

Chile here she comes! 
Best choice anyone can make is to serve a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment