Monday, October 9, 2017

Did you know?

-That when Argentina's soccer team plays, everyone and their dog has to watch the game? They even bring out their TVs and set up chairs outside because it is so hot inside their homes

-That this is my companion, Hermana Simmons' last week in the mission 🙁

-People have no shame here. A member told us we should probably stop eating or else we won't be able to fit in the door when we get home...jaja!

-We saw a guy fall on his motorcycle. He was okay

-Santiago is basically the Sahara desert. Windy, hot and sandy! I was trying to testify to a woman in the street, and there was so much dirt flying into my eyeballs, so I just finished with my eyes squinted so much that she asked, "Umm, are you praying or something?"

-Fernanda is so close to being baptized. She just needs to stop smoking. Pray for her.

-Solange is still in the hospital. We haven't been able to see her this whole week. She isn't responding well to the chemo 😦

-Sadness is when the majority of our investigators don't show up to church. This is still the hardness commitment for our investigators. It is a sacrifice because our chapel is 30-35 minutes away on bus, but I know that when people re truly converted and have a desire to show their love for God through their obedience, then they will show up 😊

-I completely lost it in a lesson with Benjamin and his family. A HUGE bug flew in and it was coming right for me. I couldn't contain my fear this time. I screamed and tried dodging it and running. Good thing we are super close to Ben and his family. They just laughed at me!

-We had interviews with President Orquera. Good man! He has actually helped me a lot. He has helped me better understand and access the Gace of God especially as a missionary. I really enjoyed talking with him.

-I received my last package from home!! AHHHH...cookies from Mom were definitely needed, and I even shared because yeah, I'm a changed woman!

-I got the stomache flu or something like that. Who knows...but it was funny because we started our fast Saturday after lunch, and in my prayer I asked for strength to keep working hard and for health. As I said "Amen", I ran to the bathroom, and yeah. Not fun! Heavenly Father is really testing my faith--But, I fasted anyway and went out to work anyway! No time to lose!

-I finished the Book of Mormon again this last week. My testimony is strengthened every time I read this amazing book. I invite everyone to follow our prophets counsel and to read the Book of Mormon daily!

-Hope everyone has an amazing week. Thank you for the love and support!!

Be kind to EVERYONE

💗Hermana Norman
Happiness is Mom's cookies

I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment