Monday, October 16, 2017

Miracles

This week was absolutely crazy.
It was Hermana Simmons last week, so we were working extra hard! Jk, we always work hard 😇
But we had the biggest miracle happen. We have an eternal investigator, her name is Joselyn. She is 18 and all of her family are members. She goes to church every now and then, just to be with family.
We didn't visit her frequently because she wasn't progressing. Then a couple weeks ago, we felt the impression to go visit her and we told her straight up that she needed to pray to see if she needed to be baptized. She sai she would, but she just kept putting it off, so we stopped visiting her again.
AGAIN, we felt an impression one day to visit her, as we were sitting at their table, she walked in and said, "Oh, wow, the hermanas are here. I received my answer, and I want to be baptized." I think our jaws hit the floor!
She wanted to be baptized as soon as possible because she knew and had known for a long time that the church was true. And so....
She was baptized this last Saturday. She looked stunning in all white, and was glowing after being baptized. The water was cold, but she said she felt warm inside! Pretty amazing, right?

But it was a lot of craziness leading up to this moment.

Friday, at 7 in the morning, we had to travel to Salta so that Hermana Simmons could have her last dinner and interview with Presidente Orquera. We got to Salta around 3 and Hermana Simmons went to the mission office and I went with Hermana Mannewitz!! It was so good to see her again. We went to the Doctors....more info later.
We spent the rest of the afternoon in the doctors, and we had plans to take a bus back to our area at 2 in the morning so that we could make it in time for the baptism. But the bus was full! So we had to stay the night and I had none of my stuff with me, so I just slept in my dress. It was awful. The next morning, we caught a bus at 9:30, we didn't get to Santiago until 6:15. Yup! Almost 9 hours. The baptism started at 6 so we were flying to the church. But we made it! And everything worked out!

Sunday, lots of emotions. Obviously, I am very sad that Hermana Simmons is leaving me, but I'm very excited for her too. Shes off to her next mission...marriage! jaja!

As for our other investigators...attending church is still a struggle, "something" always comes up.
Fernanda doesn't cease to amaze me, she is soaking everything up. She goes to church every Sunday! Just praying that she stops smoking.

I am currently in Salta again...I am here for a couple days to do some medical tests. Don't worry, I am fine, but prayers would be greatly appreciated. I still have constant headaches, dizziness and fatigue. They say I still have an ear infection too AND now I have been throwing up for a week. Hate going to the doctors as I feel I am wasting time here.

I am going in to my last transfer....and I can't believe it! I was able to talk to my old companion Hermana Bohorquez this past week, and we were just laughing so hard till we cried sharing mission stories. Then it hit me that the mission really is FULL of amazing moments!
SO MANY GOOD TIMES 💓

Thank you for the love and prayers and...Forget not to be Happy today!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman

Our miracle....Joselyn

Fernanda...shes amazing


Last asado with Hermana Simmons

And this is WHY I do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment