Monday, September 25, 2017

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"

It has been an amazing week!
Last Monday, we traveled to Salta and I was able to visit my previous area, Limache. It was so good to see Hermana Mannewitz. I've missed her SO MUCH! I was also able to visit Mateo and his family and it was amazing to see that they are still active and Maria is now the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society!

On Tuesday, we had our leaders conference with Presidente Orquera. We talked a lot about the virtue, a topic that we have never talked about in a mission conference. But it really touched me and reminded me that our thoughts, words, and actions should always be pure and centered on Christ. We are representatives of Christ ALWAYS, whether we are alone or not, when we are in Church or not, ALWAYS!

Wednesday, was the hottest day of my LIFE! I have never felt heat like this. Like my skin was going to melt off and it was a little windy, but the wind was even hotter. I thought my eyes were going to burn. To top it off, they cut off our electricity this day...so no AC for us! Long story short, we survived, and I did not sleep at all that night.

Thursday, we still lived without electricity but luckily the temp cooled down. It was the 17 month mark for Hna Simmons, so we celebrated and ended the day with ice cream! As we ate ice cram with only a small candle as our only source of light, we had a really deep conversation. We talked about what we have learned and what we can still give. We know we aren't perfect missionaries, but we try to give our all so that when our day comes to take off our nametag, we can say, "Father, I did my best!"

Friday, we had our zone conference here in Santiago. We and the zone leaders were in charge. Love having the opportunity to teach because I end up learning so much.

Saturday, we finally got our electricity turned back on! Saturday is the most important day to visit our investigators and remind them to go to church! We also watched the General Women's Conference. Amazing talks!

Sunday, one of the families we have been teaching went to church. Ricardo was also there and Fernanda too! 

People that we have preparing for baptism:
Ricardo
Benjamin
Solange
Fernanda
Familia VasquezCura (a family that we found a couple weeks ago. The mom is very sick, but waants her family to find peace in a church)

PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM 💓

This week I have learned a lot about what COURAGE is.
I love the story of Abinadi, he was willing to give his life rather than deny the truth.

Do we have that same conviction and courage to live the gospel?
Do we have courage to stand up and stand out from everyone else?

I love the scripture in Romans 1:16:
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

I am not ashamed...I know that the church is true. I know Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and I will never deny these truths!

I hope that everyone watches the General Conference this weekend. It is such a blessing to have a living prophet to lead and guide us. Also invite someone else to watch too! The conference is an amazing time to reflect, receive personal revelation and make some necessary changes!

Have an amazing week and choose to be GLAD!

💗Hermana Norman
Got to see Mateo and Maria!
And Hermana Mannewitz!
Hermana Simmons and ME! 
Our zone

Blessed to work with some amazing Hermanas who teach me so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment