Monday, November 6, 2017

All in HIS time...

I truly believe that Heavenly Father prepares people to receive the gospel. This is definitely the case with Fernanda.

Fernanda was a referral from a member. She is a single mom with 3 kids. She lived a "worldly life" she told us. She drank, smoked, and lived with her boyfriend. When we found Fernanda, she soaked in every single word we said. She was looking, looking for REAL happiness. She knew there was something missing in her life and she wanted to fill that void.
Since our first visit with her, she began to change...she stopping drinking, her boyfriend moved out, and after 3 months, she stopped smoking. She had a new light. This past Saturday, she was baptized. It was a beautiful baptismal service. Fernanda was nervous and anxious but so so happy.
After her batism, she shared the most sincere testimony. She said, "I wish I had met the missionaries many years ago, but I trust completely in my Heavenly Father, and I know that now is my time."
Fernanda was such a miracle. We just taught her the commandments and she was so willing to obey. It wasn't easy for her to make all the drastic changes in her life, but her love for God and her desire to be more like Christ motivated her every step of the way.

Ahh, the mission is so amazing.

I had my last zone conference this past week. I had to bear my testimony...I cried. Yup, I'm still emotional. But thankfully all the other hermanas are emotional too, so they cried with me 😃

But it is so crazy how much my testimony has grown.
Before the mission I gave my famous cry fest, "I'm grateful" testimonies. But now my testimony has become a part of me!

Things I liked this week:
-Priesthood blessings are powerful
-We did splits with Hermanas that live an hour and a half away from us
-I tried sopa paraguaya. Food from Paraguay
-my compa and I are basically marriage counselors. LOL at the fact that I know nothing about relationships. But hey, Christ at the center, and all things are good.
-We saw a woman get stuck in between the automatic sliding doors, so sad, but so funny. She was okay, don't worry
-It was in the 100s this past week. We live sweating...so fun
-Its pretty funny when people wear clothes with English phrases, not know what it says. Like Grandma with a shirt that says "I'm a party animal" or a guy with a cheetah print snapback that says "BOY" in big letters.  jajaja  It is so awesome....




****REST OF HER BLOG DID NOT COME THROUGH*****

Fernanda...so blessed to know her



Hermanas in my zone...last zone conference. 
mi companera
Fernanda, her boyfriend and daughter
Baptism 11/5/17

No comments:

Post a Comment