Sunday, July 2, 2017

N'Sync

June 26, 2017

One of our eternal investigators set a date to get married and then she can get baptized! August 12th Clara will get married and then August 19 she will be baptized.

So even though I most likely will not be in Limache in August, and won't be at their wedding and baptism, I am so happy for them. ❤

We walked ALOT more this week...more than usual. Not a lot of people wanting to let us in, but still keeping a positive attitude.

Sometimes the smallest things can make big differences in my day. While we ate lunch with some members, their 2 year old son, Martin said the prayer to bless the food. He prayed for us, BY NAME!! I couldn't believe he remembered my name. But after hearing the sweet and simple prayer, I realized again how special it is to be a missionary. The members treat us so well. We are so blessed. It feels so good to walk into church or a member's home and have the kids yelling, "Hermana!!" or "Misionera!!" Being a missionary is amazing!

Everyone's getting sick with the flu, and this past week I sneezed so hard that I strained my neck. so that was cool.

My compa and I made brownies, and yeah, I was in heaven.


This was also Presidente Chaparro's last week as our mission president. I am so grateful for all that he has taught me this past year. He has been such a great leader and example.

This week I studied a lot about service. I love a quote that I found that says,
     "Often the answer to our prayer does not come while on our knees, but while we're on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us."
I've been looking for small ways that I can do more little acts of service.
One day, we ate in our apartment because members gave us food in a tupperware. It was ALOT of food and we could not finish it all. So I suggested to my companion that we give the food to a very poor couple that lives near our apartment. One morning, we saw this woman searching through the garbage outside for food to eat. My heart ached to see how they are living. But after giving them food, they accepted happily, and we walked away feeling good. We had already tried to invite them to learn more about the church, but they politely declined. But who knows...maybe these small acts of service can soften their hearts.

     "Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary, use words"
This is so true. As we serve, and live the gospel, people will be naturally attracted to the church.

I hope that all of you this week can look for an opportunity to serve!

Life is so much better when we aren't busy thinking about ourselves, but when we are thinking of others. ❤

Also, happy happy birthday to my Grandma Norman this week. What an amazing woman she is. I miss her and her contagious laugh. Love you Grandma ❤❤❤

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman


My district

our district plaques

PIZZA!

YUMMM brownies! Dont mind the broken plate...jajaja
Presidente came and played soccer with us! What fun!


Oh Look! A tree that is the same shape as me...jajaja

BRAIDS



No comments:

Post a Comment