Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I straightened my hair, so yeah! Something big happened!

July 3, 2017

Okay, lets start with LAST Monday. We were invited by the Elders to play soccer with Presidente Chaparro, and we thought, "yeah sounds fun." Plus I had a goal before the mission to learn to play soccer and basically become a pro, and so far after 13 months in Argentina, Im still at the same level that I was before the mission. About the level of a 6 year old. 
And so....Soccer was interesting. One time the ball actually came to me, caught me off guard because I was busy watching a tractor. I tried to kick the ball, and missed COMPLETELY! Like I said, level of a 6 year old. But don't worry, I will get better.

Also on June 27, I woke up and told my compa, its my 1/2 birthday, and she says, "ummm, no Hna, your half bday is in July." ALL my life I thought my half bday was in June. So yeah, that was disappointing! jajaja

LOTS of miracles this week!!!❤
1) Nelida!!! Her open wound that she has had for months miraculously healed after the Priesthood blessing. Even the doctors are completely amazed. But she is still in the hospital doing more tests, but please keep her in your prayers. 

2) We were knocking doors and I tell my compa that we are going to say that we are looking for the Lopez family, just to start a convo and then contact them and invited them to listen to our message. So we knock at a house, they reject us. Then we keep walking and decide to knock at one more house. We ask for the Familia Lopez. And they say, "yup, that's us!" I was like "NO WAY!' Bueno. I know that Lopez is a super common last name here...but still! It's not a coincidence. Plus, this family is related to another family we are teaching. They are super awesome but didn't make it to church yesterday, so we will see.

3) The Elder that is the financial man of our mission hasn't paid our bills for lights, water, etc, since JANUARY. Miracle that they haven't turned off our power.

4) We had our farewell conference with Presidente Chaparo. Miracle, I actually didn't cry. It was a great conference and when Presidente and Hermana Chaparro closed with their testimonies, the Spirit was so strong. And then it hit me that they are actually leaving. Bittersweet. I'm going to miss them a lot.

5) We had splits and Hermana Mannewitz stayed in our area and as able to lead. #proudtrainermoment
I also realized how much I love Hna Mannewitz and my area. I was gone 24 hours but I was dying tp go back. But splits is always a good learning experience. I was with Hna Urena, she is from California and she is the best.

6) I know that God uses other people to answer our prayers. Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting, I had a small moment of feeling like the worst missionary...only 2 of our 10 investigators that we were expecting showed up to church. Then a member asked for a copy of a Book of Mormon to give to their nonmember friend, and I didn't have one. I completely forgot to put another one in my bag in the morning. So yeah, I was feeling like I was letting everyone down. Then a member gets up and she is a 1 year convert and she says that she was looking at my companion and I during the meeting and felt a strong impression to share her testimony. So she shared the sweetest testimony and then said, "Misioneras, thank you. You are giving up so much, and even on the good days and the bad days, the sun and the rain, you are serving the Lord. We love you and thank you for what you do for us." I know that this Hermana was guided by the Spirit to say these words. Words that touched my heart and answered my prayers. 
How amazing that we can be answers to other people's prayers. 

7) 3 Nephi 27:27
Studied that scripture a lot this week, an what it means to be "even as I am". To become like Him, we must also do the things He did. (3 Nephi 27:21) Often we are caught up in TO DO. Almost everyone has a TO DO liost. But I read a conference talk that stressed the importance of having a "TO BE" list. Who do we want to be?

8) Luz Maria, one of my converts will go to the temple for the first time this week 🙂

9) Converts in 3 cerritos that I taught after their baptism recently were sealed as a family!!❤❤❤

YAY for AMERICA

My companion and I will celebrate the fourth by making hamburgers.. in the oven.. tomorrow!! 

Hope you all have a great week, and know that I love and pray for each one of you every day!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ARGENTINA jajaja

Con Amor
Hermana Norman
Last conference with Presidente Chaparro

Going to miss them

Elder y Hermana Ward, new missionary couple


Got to go visit Nelida again...I love her! 
NELIDA!
Wouldn't you let us in?
Members! They are so good to us

No comments:

Post a Comment