Sunday, April 9, 2017

Where can I turn for peace?

  Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
  Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.
(Hymn no 129)

April 3, 2017

What a week! It has been such a spiritual week, feeling super pumped and ready to put in action everything that I've learned int he past few days.

Okay, Friday: zone conference with President Chaparro and Hermana Chaparro. We learned a lot about the importance of commitments promising blessings and always bearing testimony. It was a powerful training. Learned a lot, and it is always good to gather as missionaries, share ideas, share experiences and strengthen each other. But the hi light of the conference was the new Easter initiative that the church is doing. #PrinceofPeace We were able to watch the video, and if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Click on link to watch: #PRINCEofPEACE

When the video finished, we were left in silence. I and many other missionaries had tears in our eyes. How amazing is it that we have a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, and that HE lives!! So grateful for the peace that comes from this knowledge. As missionaries, we are going to do everything to share this message and video for Easter, but I want to invite everyone to share this video and initiative. Post it on social media, share it with friends! This initiative is inspired and I know many miracles will result from it.

And then, of course, General Conference!! I was so spiritually edified as I listened to our leaders speak and bear testimony of the gospel. Felt so good to hear our dear prophet, Thomas S Monson. And 5 new temples were announced!! One in Saratoga Springs!! THE WORK IS MOVING FORWARD! But the easy part is over...we all received lots of counsel and now it is time to apply it!

I had a really crazy experience when we went out to work after watching the conference.  We were talking with an investigator, Claudia, who doesn´t see the need of changing her life if she already feels that God is always with her.  We had a really great lesson, but in the end, she still said that she just didn´t want to change. She already had a good life.  Tears filled my eyes when I bore testimony that even though she has a good life, our Heavenly Father has so much more in mind for her.  In this moment, I truly understood the scripture in Mosiah 28:3.  I barely knew this woman, yet I felt that I had to do everything in my power to help her, I truly desired her salvation! It was an incredible experience that I will never forget, and I hope to keep this feeling in my heart. I want everyone to know about this incredible message that we have!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Norman
my zone

Elder Utai and I are in the same zone again
General conference food. We make lots of apple pies



Comida China
when a preying mantis flies into your apartment...excuse my man voice, I am sick with a cold...jajaja

No comments:

Post a Comment