Monday, April 24, 2017

“I will tell you in your mind and in your heart,

by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.”
D&C 8:2

This week was empenada week. Well not literally, but for my companion and I. We ate empenadas 4 times this week! I'm not complaining, I love me some empanadas. :)

Nelida went to church!! This woman is an angel! She is 78 years old, in a wheelchair, because she is disabled from the waist down. How did we meet her? As we were walking in the street, we passed her and her daughter-in-law. We said, "Hola!" but kept walking. After taking a few steps, my companion and I stopped walking at the exact same time and looked at each other. Without even having to say anything we went back to talk to Nelida. It is INCREDIBLE how the Spirit works! My companion and I both felt the same impression, and I am so glad that we followed the prompting. Nelida has never been super religious, but she has listened to basically all types of religions, but she said she never felt like it was right. In our 1st lesson with her, she asked us when she could be baptized. She wants to be a member of our church NOW! Yesterday, we went to pick up Nelida for church with a member in their car. It was super difficult getting her in the car, and it was painful for her to move. So after church, which she really enjoyed, she said she felt a peace in her heart that she has never felt before. Instead of riding in a car, we walked her all the way home. It took us an hour and a half pushing her in her wheelchair, but it was so worth it. She is such a miracle....love her!

We also had interviews with Presidente Chaparro, he told me exactly what I needed to hear. Grateful for him.

I also had to give a talk Sunday about families. As I studied about families and how to have a home centered on Christ, I couldn't help but feel grateful for my family. I'm blessed with amazing parents and siblings that I love SO MUCH!

This week is my Grandma Ho Ching's birthday. Since I have been a little girl, my grandma is someone I look up to. She has supported my Grandpa in all of his church callings and never complained about being away from family, my Grandpa being away, or wanting to do things that she would like. I admire her beauty and her friendliness to everyone. She is one of my heroes. She is selfless, always taking care of others, especially the elderly.  Thank you Grandma for your example, for your love and support and for always spoiling us grand-kids! I love you! Feliz Cupleanos all the way from Argentina!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
One of the many roads we walk

See the snow-capped mountains?
That means winter is coming!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment