Monday, April 10, 2017

“And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of Him,...

...this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of Him: That He lives!”
D&C 76:22

The church is true and I KNOW IT!
We had many lessons with investigators and they had many doubts. They had looked online for answers about the church and ended up losing a lot of faith reading false information on random websites. But as they were bashing our church with misunderstood information, my faith never wavered. If anything, I felt more confident when I testified of Joseph Smith and the fact that we enjoy the blessings of having the restored Gospel.

Also, after studying Elder Rasband's General conference talk, my companion and I are doing everything we can to "let the Holy Spirit guide". We are learning to respond and react to those "nudges" that we feel, and every morning as we pray together, we tell God that We Are Ready! We are ready to let the Spirit guide. This isn't our work, this is His work, and as we have humbled ourselves and truly strive to follow the promptings of the Spirit, we have been blessed to find new investigators, and have had many spiritual lessons. Learning to speak the language of the Spirit is not easy, it requires a lot of effort, but I know that it will help me so much throughout the rest of my life. I encourage everyone to study Elder Rasband's talk! And commit to follow the counsel he gave, I'm doing it too! You can read it here: Let the Holy Spirit Guide
We ended up having to "break up" with our investigator, Alberto. He was more interested in being our friend rather than coming unto Christ. It was very sad, but I hope that a seed was planted and that someday, he will be ready. Now that it is getting cold, it is really hard for investigators to get to church early Sunday morning. So this week we are going to focus on the commitment of attending church.
Also, everyone should participate in the Church's initiative #PRINCEofPEACE. Everyday is a different attribute of Christ, and this will help us prepare for Easter Sunday.
FAITH
GODS WORD
COMPASSION
GRATITUDE
PRAYER
FORGIVENESS
REPENTANCE
HOPE
Easter isn't really big here, there are no bunnies, no easter baskets or eggs, so it will be a good opportunity to really focus on my Savior.

I hope everyone has an amazing Easter Sunday!

"Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives!"
"Yo se que vive mi señor!"

Love you all! Thank you for the love and prayers.
Also Happy Birthday to one of my best friends, my beautiful cousin, Vaofua Kaili!! Happy 20th, Love you!!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman

There is beauty all around...pretty flower
Divisions with Hermana Hill
Starting to get cold again...
Our neighbor below us is a baker. Made these chocolate eggs. We helped put them all into plastic.
Mi compa...Teleferico AGAIN for Pday! 
Hermana Ferriera, Hermana Oliveira, Hermana Barnes and ME!
Heraman Barnes and myself

Our beautiful Salta!

No comments:

Post a Comment