Monday, March 27, 2017

I am soooo happy

"...I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."
Alma 26:11
Me and Hermana Ferriera

WOW! This week flew by. It's amazing because every day and every week, we basically have the exact same routine, but every day is unique and special because we talk with different people every single day. Every day we see different tender mercies of the Lord, and time seems to just fly by.

This past week my companera was super sick with a cold and yesterday my throat and head started hurting. But it was inevitable, I'm with my compa literally 24/7. But regardless of not feeling 100%, my comp and I worked really hard. We have someone preparing for baptism! His name is Alberto, he went to church again yesterday and he is slowly progressing in his testimony.  Please keep him in your prayers.

We had a lot of really great lessons, but a lesson that stood out this week was with a woman, who believes in God, but doesn't believe that practicing a religion is necessary. She had many questions for us, and we responded the best we could, but then she asked if we had felt God's presence in our lives. The Spirit was so powerful as we bore our simple and humble testimonies that YES, we have felt His presence and continue to feel His presence each and every day. At the end of the lesson, she said that she wouldn't be willing to change her way of thinking. Of course, this is always sad for us, but hopefully the Spirit was able to touch her heart and one day she will have that desire to change.

We had an alarm put in our apartment...yay for safety! On Thursday after weekly planning we had 8 appointments with investigators. I was so pumped, but how many people were home? ZERO! Spent 5 hours walking and looking for people to teach. No one wanted to allow us to share our message. But 20 minutes before we had to go back to our apartment, a miracle! Someone who wanted to hear our message!

Sadly because the broadcast is later here, we couldn't watch the General Women's Session, but I am so excited for this upcoming weekend. What a privilege it is to hear and receive guidance from our leaders and especially from our dear prophet. I hope that everyone can prepare spiritually to listen to our prophets. Personally, I am writing questions that I hope to be answered in the conference. Ahh, so excited!

Also my family will be traveling soon and I hope and pray that they all travel safely and that they enjoy their vacation. I am not sad...I can go on a cruise another year. A mission is a once in a lifetime chance. I am so happy to be here. So while you are basking in the sun and eating lots of food, think of me walking the streets of Argentina, dodging stray dogs and drug dealers....jajajaja.

Have a great week! Thank you for the love, prayers and support.

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman


Checking for lice...a daily chore that we get to endure in Argentina!


Personal bus to church...jaja

 our investigator's kids




No comments:

Post a Comment