Monday, December 26, 2016

A "WHITE" Christmas....

Wow! I can`t believe that Christmas has come and gone.. but that definitely doesnt mean that we should stop thinking about Jesucristo.  If you think about it, everyday can be Christmas! But everyday I dont get the opportunity to Skype my family!! It was so good to see my family. Many tears were shed.. but happy tears! After finishing the call, I was so content and overwhelmed with gratitude.  Grateful for the amazing family that I have been blessed with, and so content that I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now.  

I was asked by Presidente to give a talk at our mission wide Christmas conference this past Thursday. I was so nervous and stressed about it, especially because I gave it in Spanish. But I got many compliments afterwards and I think that has finally helped me realize that I CAN speak Spanish! jajaja 

It was truly amazing to have a Christmas in the mission. My Mom's huge package that she sent is lost out there somewhere. There wasn`t a lot of presents given, but I didn`t even think twice about receiving anything. I just wanted to focus on the true meaning of Christmas...the real gift. CHRIST!

We had a baptism Christmas Eve! Brian was baptized!  He was confirmed Christmas day.  So even though there isn`t any snow here in Argentina, and I am currenly sweating to death, we were able to have a "WHITE" Christmas (:  Just being able to light the world during this past month has been so special. I have seen many miracles! Some day I hope that I would have enough time to write about them. 

Transfers were today and I said good bye to Hermana Alvarez. She was transferred and I received a new companion, Hermana Borhoqez. She is from Bolivia and has been in the mission for 9 months. So we are going to work hard to meet new people and helping them find hope through the gospel!

I love you all, and thank you so much for the love and support!

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
Christmas dinner with Presidente


Gifts sent from family...my momma's package wasnt' there!

Christmas devotional that I spoke at
Elders got a hold of my camera





Christmas at our apartment
Our ward Christmas dinner


Brian's baptism!!!
other baptisms for Christmas

So happy for him!
With Presidente
Dessert made for baptism
Hermana Alvarez! Going to miss her!
Christmas dinner...chicken....
....Pork.....
....Beef and potatoes!
What a spread!
Hermana Quintana had us for dinner

Christmas Sunday....last day with Hermana Alvarez


Hermana Lanier is comps with a mini missionary who went home to spend Christmas with her family. So we got to have her all day Christmas with us!
Had the opportunity to go to an old folks home to sing Christmas carols. The conditions were bad, smelly with no air conditioning. So sad, but thankful to uplift their spirits for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment