Monday, January 2, 2017

FELIZ ANO NUEVO!

Dec 31st 2016...my journal entry!

Wow- the last day of 2016! This year has flown by. I can't believe that at this time last year, I was finishing up my mission papers, and now, look at me! I'm a missionary in Salta Argentina! Looking back at this past year, I have learned A LOT. I have changed...for the better. Some of the things that I have learned

1) I am SO blessed. Why? Because I have the gospel and because I have an amazing family. I am so grateful to have a testimony of this restored gospel. To know that I am a daughter of God, that I have a purpose, and that even though I am going to face trials, I know I can overcome them with the help of my Savior. I have come to know and truly appreciate the tender mercies of the atonement. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend 7 months of this past year dedicated to serving my Heavenly Father. I have witnessed so many miracles in the short time that I have been in Argentina. The mission truly is the best! I have learned to forget myself and my problems and devote myself to doing His will. There truly is no greater joy than to share the gospel. To watch how the gospel can bring hope, peace, love and joy into people's lives. But the most amazing thing about the mission? As I have helped and watched people become converted unto Christ and His gospel, I have become converted. My love for my Savior and His gospel has deepened. I am happier! I know that my happiness comes from knowing who I am, what my purpose is and where I want to go. I am so grateful that I have 2017 to keep sharing this happiness.

2) I have realized in the mission how much I love my family. I have been blessed with the best when it comes to families. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and of course my siblings and parents. I wish I knew how I could thank my parents for all that they have done for me....words just aren't enough. I'm so grateful for their examples, for their sacrifices and for their unconditional love  and support. I love you family!

I used to hate New Year´s because it was a time that I set goals that I never completed.. like lose weight, be more organized, and things like that. But in the mission I have realized how important it is to set goals. EVERY DAY we are setting goals... like how many people we want to teach... but these aren`t just numbers.. they reflect our desires.  Behind those numbers are PEOPLE, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and I have noticed as I have set higher goals I have been able to accomplish more... the Lord truly does help when we have righteous goals.

One goal I have for 2017, is I want to come to KNOW my Savior.  I have made specific goals that will help me grown closer to HIM.  By the end of my mission I want to be able to say with no doubts that not only do I know about my Savior, but I KNOW him. 

We are having a little rough patch in my area right now.. we are focusing on finding people... So we spend a lot of time looking for referrals or working with families that aren`t all members. Each day I pray that I will be able to find and recognize the people that are waiting for the gospel.

I am so ready and so excited for 2017. I know that it is going to be a year full of memories, good and bad. But I know that it is during those hard times when we truly come to rely on the Lord. I am grateful for the trials that I have gone through because it has made me that much stronger. Oh, and today we spent New Years Eve in Limache, the area that my companion was in before. We ate SO MUCH! Also, I finally received my Christmas package from my Mom! Hermana Hill, Hermana Mejia and my compa Hermana Bohorquez all got pajamas from mi madre! They were so happy and grateful. I couldn't help get a little emotional as I read letters from family and all the notes from the ward members! Thank you so much! Thank you for your prayers and your love and support! Thank you to my Gma and Gpa Ho Ching for the gift card! WooHoo!

I hope that 2017, we can all set goals. Goals that will push us to be a little better temporally and spirtiually. I know that if they are righteous goals, with the help of our Heavenly Father, we can accomplish them!

Oh, and fun fact, for new years, everyone sets off fireworks at midnight. We went to the top of our apartment building and watched and it was AMAZING! SO MANY!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! FELIZ ANO NUEVO!

Con amor,
Hermana Norman

Christmas PJs...a tradition at home that mi madre couldn't let me go without. Muchos gracias...

Cause I don't hike enough...right!
Repping my Ho Ching family! Love you all!

Hermana Mejia and I

We did this little trip a few weeks ago...new compas, so went again. Me, Mejia, Bohorquez and Hill





New Years Eve dinner
Me and my compa, Hermana Bohorquez

Here's to another awesome year! CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment