Monday, September 12, 2016

WE CAN...

The weeks are seriously flying by.  I can´t believe that it is PDay already!

This week was amazing.  Last week, we didn´t get the numbers we were hoping for, and we made goals to find more new investigators this week.  We went into this week with a better attitude, that WE CAN find the people who need the gospel.  And guess what?! We found two new families who want to be baptized, such a huge blessing and miracle.  But I realized how important it is that I have faith that Heavenly Father will place the people who need the gospel in our path, we just have to do our part and actively seek and talk with everyone that crosses our path. 

We will be having a baptism this Saturday! Her name is Yazmin, she is 16, and she has such a powerful testimony already! Her life is extremely hard, and it has been amazing to see how the gospel has helped her.  So excited and grateful that I am able to play a small part in her conversion.

In the mission, I have grown to love the scriptures.  I look forward to my personal study every day.  This week I read Ether 6.  I challenge everyone to read this chapter, and think about how it applies to our trials.  I love verses 5-8, and how it says that the wind did never cease to blow TOWARDS the promised land.  I know that at times we might want the Lord to calm the seas but without them, we might not reach whatever promised land he is leading us to.  Remember that calm seas don´t carry barges to the promised land-- stormy seas do.  
I can look back on all the trials I have gone through in my life, and I can now say that I am grateful for them!  I am who I am today because of what I´ve been through.  I´ve learned to rely on my Savior, and find hope and peace through the atonement.

Speaking of stormy seas....this is what I call the stairs of death. 


Our area is split up into three sections: upper. middle and lower. Each section is separated by 150 steps. We have to climb these up and down, up and down all day, every day! KILLER! You'd think that doing this PLUS all the walking we do would keep me skinny....nooooo! Still gaining weight, eating one meal a day (well two, we do have a little breakfast).  That tells you how good the food is here! So I just thought I´d let you all know that fruit is considered a dessert here.  So yeah I´m basically dying... haha just kidding. But seriously, they say okay now we will have dessert, and then they bring out a bowl with oranges and bananas. hahahahahaha

Their favorite dessert is canned peaches, and sometimes with dulce de leche.  OKAY I LOVE DULCE DE LECHE.  But yeah, just thought I'd  put that out there. My beloved brownies and ice cream are no where to be found here.

I hope you all have an amazing week, thank you for the love and prayers!  

With love,

Hermana Norman

A lady wasn't feeling well one day
So I got to put my EMT skills to use. I was the only person who knew how to check her blood pressure.
My district

With Lucas and his family before his baptism a couple weeks ago
My favorite sound....running water in the baptismal font
Happiness is....


Always got to know where this is....
Hermana Melo had 2 months left (now she only has about a month left)
Capilla Abierta...cant remember how to say it in English


Jerseys our zone had made...Lo M.A.S. (the Mission Argentina Salta)
My zone
Love these sisters!


Outing to Purmamarca today....google it. It is so beautiful!






Argentina doesn't speak the same Spanish as in Spain. They say they speak Spanish Castellano not espanol.

No comments:

Post a Comment