Monday, September 19, 2016

To love them....

in front of the church

So this week was crazy.

First of all, a dog attacked me and bit me.  Yes, I survived, don´t worry.  But thank goodness I was wearing my slacks so I just had bruises and a little scratch on my leg.  

We didn´t have the baptism this past week.  The day before the baptism we had another talk with Jazmin´s mom, and she decided that she would not allow Jazmin to be baptized.  We were devastated, Jazmin was in tears, and it was extremely hard.  It is definitely true that you grow to love your investigators because it truly broke my heart knowing that Jazmin wouldn´t be able to be baptized the next day.  But I have faith, and we are going to continue to work with Yazmin and her mom...

We had divisiones this past week.. I can´t think of the word in english.  Companion exchanges? I don´t know.  But I was sooooooooooo nervous because I had to stay in my area, and my companion went to another area.  I was nervous because I doubted that I knew my area well enough and that I could lead the dicussions with the investigators.. but I did it! I definitely learned that I need to have more confidence in myself and in the Lord. Sometimes I need to remind myself that the Lord has put his trust in me to be a representative of Him in Argentina, and I can have His help and guidance as I do His work.  

I LOVE Argentina, and I love the people here.  It definitely is true that we serve those we love, but it also works the other way around, we come to love those we serve.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that I get to spend every moment thinking about how I can serve others, I have never been happier. 

Love you all!

Hermana Norman
Yummy pie with recent convert, Lucas, his mom and or new investigator Gisela
our apartment buidling
Hermana Melo and I
Our pday today was to Dique La Cienaga
Riding a bike again....its been so long! My legs and backside could tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment