Monday, November 13, 2017

Cockroaches...

This week was so good...let me tell you why:
1) We had a mission conference in Salta. Elder Christensen and Elder Bragg from the seventy came. The spirit was strong, lots of advice and counsel.
It was so good to see old friends, Hna Ferreira and my hija Hna Mannewitz.
Also, all the missionaries from my MTC group. Elder Stevens, Wetzker and Utai...we are all still good friends even after almost 18 months.

2) Elder Bragg told me that I need to stay actively involved in the church after my mission...will do!

3) We traveled in a van...20 missionaries, 7 hours, at one point the van broke down, so we all got out and took pictures on the side of the highway.

4) We got home from Salta at 4 in the morning. They told us it was too dangerous to go to our areas, so we had to sleep in the nearest apartment. 10 girls, 4 mattresses, 4 blankets and cockroaches everywhere.
Long story short, 2 girls on each twin mattress and my companion and I on the floor. I obviously didn't sleep very well. Knowing that there was cockroaches everywhere. Plus, I got so cold in the night and I was so desperate that I wrapped myself in my damp towel. jaja. Ah, the struggle is so real on the mission.
But it was an adventure!!

5) I got to see my Korean convert, Francisco in Salta! His family owns a small clothing store and he gave me some free pants ๐Ÿ˜ƒ He is still super active!

6) We started teaching Familia Rodriguez again, and they are amazing. We are teaching the Mom and her three daughters. She told us that she wants them all to get baptized together!! They went to church and everything yesterday. We went to pick them up so we could go together and we were waiting for the bus, but it never came, so we had to call a taxi and it is a lot more expensive so I was worried we wouldn't have enough money. But as we drove, I talked with the taxi driver, told him about who we are, what we do, and invited him to church. He said that one day he will go and then said he wouldn't charge us! Tender mercies! But please pray for this family!

7) There was something white in one of our investigators hair, and so I thought I would be a kind human and brush it out of her hair...well yeah, the white stuff was bird poop and I smeared it all over my hand...oh....I love the mission!

8) It was Elder Pergerson's birthday, and his mom sent him fudge. He shared some with me. I miss American chocolate

9) I have probably said/listened to the First Vision hundreds of times, but it never gets old. I LOVE teaching the Restoration, especially the part about Jose Smith. The spirit is always so strong. 
I really have gained a testimony and an appreciation and love for the prophet Jose Smith He is so awesome.
I invite you all to read Joseph Smith History, especially the First Vision!

10) We are burning up here in Santiago, literally.
I live sweating.
Our water heater broke a month ago and have we fixed it? Nope, because the water here isn't even cold, and NO ONE wants to take a hot shower.

But I'm hoping that everyone will want to get baptized just to cool off a little bit...jaja jk. Well not really.

Have a great week. Start making plans to come see me at the end of this month ๐Ÿ˜Š

Be kind to everyone!

๐Ÿ’˜Hermana Norman
Salta Argentina Mission conference 2017
My zone with Presidente
Leadership council 
MESSI....Futbol star


Mi hija Hna Mannewitz

Hna Mannewitz, me and Hna Ferreira
Stuck on side of highway after van broke down


Elder Pergerson's bday
We survived the night in one tiny apartment

La Banda!


No comments:

Post a Comment