Monday, March 6, 2017

."And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also...

..for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."  D&C 84:88

Lots of miracles this week!

While I was exercising Tuesday morning, I pulled or strained a muscle in my neck. An hour later, I couldn't move my neck at all! I was in so much pain. I was sure that my neck was going to stay bent to the side for the rest of my life...yes! I'm still dramatic!
But we went out and worked regardless of the pain, and the next day my neck was completely fine. Some might say that I just healed quickly, but I know that the Lord was blessing me and watching out for me.
I know this to be true, because on Saturday, my companion and I helped the relief society with a service project in the church. Now our chapel isn't in our area...so we have to take two buses to get to church. The area where the chapel is is a little more humble than my area, or in other words, it is more dangerous. When we got off the bus, we started walking towards the chapel about 2 blocks away. All of a sudden, we hear a lot of yelling and many people running. I turn and see about 15 guys running towards us. My heart stops, I grab my companion, and something tells me, "stand still!" We stand there in the middle of street and honestly it felt like we were invisible. There was a group of 5-6 guys chasing these other guys. They broke out fighting, throwing rocks, but then they all passed. As soon as they were out of sight, my compa and I ran to the church as fast as we could. I KNOW that there are angels protecting us. But I'm also grateful for the whisperings of the Spirit, if you know me, you know that when I'm scared and when I'm in a moment where I need to act fast, I usually freak out. But in this moment, as I was literally embracing my companion amongst so much chaos, I felt sure. I felt protected. I share this story, not to freak out my mother, but to reassure you all that your prayers are working. I feel so safe and watched over.

Bueno, enough crazy stuff. Lets get to the good stuff.

Nicolas, Rocio (Lolo) and Mailen are doing so good. They are reading el Libro de Mormon, praying and they went to church yesterday.
Mailen wanted to be baptized this past Saturday, but her Mom couldn't attend that day, so we postponed her baptism for the next Saturday.
Rocio is a miracle because we are working with her whole family. her Mom has been inactive for more than 12 years. Her Dad isn't a member, but they are a beautiful family. It makes me so happy to see them all in church.
Nicolas. we recently found out that he has an addiction to smoking, but I can tell he has a real desire to change. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and helped him set goals to overcome his addiction. Most importantly, we told him to find strength in Christ. Put all his faith and trust in Him and He will do His part.4 days later and Nicolas is smoking 12 cigarettes every day. Before he was smoking 15-17 cada dia. This week we are striving for ZERO!

We had interviews with President Chaparro. This man is called of God and I'm so grateful for the counsel I was able to receive. He reminded me to never get discouraged. Even though after being rejected so times, it is easy to feel a little down. But I've learned from the many doors slammed in my face, that those people just weren't ready.

Have a great week! The Lord loves you ... I love you! Life is good.

Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
The view of my area
With rain comes froggies
 Noche de hogar with Mailen (investigator), Luz (recent convert) and Enzo and Cynthia (converts for a year). We made desserts!

Rain rain go away!
Actually the roads start to have rivers running down them. Its pretty fun!
Searching for referrals...in the wilderness! jajaja
The crazy animals in Argentina....what is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment