Monday, March 20, 2017

“Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me...

 ...ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me. …
“… For it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain” 
Hola!
Well, I'm in my new area, Limache, with my new companion Hermana Feirrera. Hna Feirrera is from Brasil, she is a new missionary, so I'm finishing training her! She is a really great missionary and companion. I'm super excited for this transfer here in Limache. Limache is in Salta, but it is an area that hasn't had baptisms in a very long time. When I arrived in this area, there was no investigators that were progressing. We had to start from zero. I began to feel a lot of pressure because not only was I finishing training a new hermana, but we didn't have anyone to teach! I started to stress/freak out a little, but then I realized that there was no need to stress out. This is His work and I am only an instrument and so what did I do? I prayed harder and longer than I've ever prayed before. I prayed that the Lord would guide us to the people who are ready to receive us. I prayed that we would have the gift of tongues (because my compa only speaks Portuguese and is starting to learn Spanish). But overall, I pleaded with my Heavenly Father that he would help me, help me serve, help us find people to teach, help me to learn what I am supposed to learn during this transfer. And because God is good, I felt His help during this week. I survived and we saw many small miracles. 
We went through all the records of past investigators and inactive members, made lists according to neighborhoods and then started searching. We talked with everyone in the streets just trying to find someone who would listen to us.
IT. WAS. HARD.
I am not going to lie. Every day we came home completely exhausted. There were days when literally, no one wanted to talk with us. It would have been easy to get discouraged, but we just kept working! And we found people! 4 of them went to church yesterday! Small miracles....
Now a little bit of crazy stuff...
There is an eternal investigator, Sandra, who is basically a member but can't be baptized because she lives with her boyfriend and he doesn't want to get married with her. But anyway, we had a lesson with her, taught the Word of Wisdom, we explained how it is important that we can be free of addictions, but then she says she has an addiction, or rather an obsession. She is obsessed with the singer, David Bowie. Not the normal fangirl stuff, legit obsessed with the man. When he died, she explained that she almost took her own life, and to this day she won't accept his death. HMMM, but the gospel is for everyone! 
Also, we eat like QUEENS in this area. The members cook food so good for us, but they give us SO MUCH! But Im grateful! Oh and then during a lunch, some members pulled a prank on me. As we were eating, the husband went into the kitchen and brought wine back to the table. He served himself and drank and I was caught off guard because he had just explained how he was Elders Quorum president. Then he asked me if I would like to try. I decline (politely of course). Then 5 minutes later, everyone starts busting out laughing and they explain that it was apple juice in the wine bottle. They said my face was priceless when he drank the "wine". But yup, the members here are awesome. 
This was my week! Hope everyone has a good week. Thank you for the love and prayers.
Con Amor,
Hermana Norman
video from my apartment in Limache



No comments:

Post a Comment