Monday, February 20, 2017

“In the world ye shall have tribulation,

but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Bueno, another great week spent in the service of the Lord.

I had divisiones/splits with Hermana Mejia in her area. I LOVE Hermana Mejia. So the whole day was full of laughs and small miracles.
Miracle 1: we were able to do service for one of their investigators...in skirts! We spent a good hour shoveling dirt. The miracle? There are no limits to a missionary in a skirt...jajaja!
Miracle 2: we were able to teach two lessons about temples. WOW the Spirit was powerful! Please take advantage of having a temple so close. Make an effort to go this week!
Miracle 3: an investigator that Hermana Mejia has been working with for 5 months finally set a date to get married. This was the only thing holding him back from getting baptized. Soooo...his wedding will be March 3rd and on March 4th, he will be baptized!!! Oh, and this investigator happens to be the Dad of Brian, our recent convert. :-)
And the final miracle: after a tiring day, as we were walking home, we heard the most beautiful sound. The song of an ice cream truck!! Yes, they exist here, but they are SO much better. So of course, we ran towards the noise and yes...we ate the most delicious ice cream. Perfect way to end the day!
We also had zone conference on Saturday. I love conferences because it gives me that spiritual boost and pumps me up and makes me want to work even harder. We talked a lot about teaching repentence and how sometimes as missionaries we skip teaching this step and go straight to baptism. But repentance is so important not only before baptism but after baptism. It shows that someone is truly willing to change, and to accept the help from Christ in their lives. Repentance is such a beautiful gift, not something we should be scared of.
Okay, I have some new people who need your prayers! Nicolas and Mailen! They both went to church yesterday and are progressing. They have set a baptismal date. Please pray for them as this is the time when Satan attacks most.
I want to thank you all for your love, support, and your prayers. I read a talk that said, "missionaries of the LDS church are the people most prayed for on the face of the earth." And I can testify that as I am sweating to death walking the streets of Argentina, I can feel the support and strength of all your prayers. THANK YOU!

You are all in my prayers! Have a great week.

Love,
Hermana Norman

zone conference...my favorite! Hermanas Bohorquez, Norman, Mejia and Hill
 
zone conference fun with my Sisters
This little boy reminds me of my little cousin, Vete

For Pday we went to a campsite with the youth for a couple hours


No comments:

Post a Comment