Saturday, July 9, 2016

THIS IS IT!! Final email from the MTC!

Well this is it.  The next time I email home I will be in Argentina!!  I can't believe it!
This week was definitely bittersweet.. I'm learning that I am not good with goodbyes.  So I'll just give you a little list of what happened this week..

-We watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the MTC parking lot


-Said goodbye to one of our teachers, Hermano Dia, I cried like a baby
-Had an amazing devotional by Marlin Jensen, who talked about faith. The spirit was overwhelming, and I received a lot of personal revelation that night.
-Sang in the MTC choir for the last time, sang "More Holiness Give Me", that song is now one of my personal favorites.
-Taught a member from Costa Rica via Skype.. One of the best experiences so far in the MTC.  Her name is Natalia, she is 16, and she is the only member in her family.  She has amazing faith, and an incredible testimony.  We had a great conversation with her, and then shared a spiritual thought, the spirit was so strong, even through Skype!
-Mom sent me Cupbop, and I cried.
-Got a package from Austin, Johans, and Nia yesterday. Cried again, because so grateful.

-Had to say goodbye to one of the Sister's in my district, also one of my roomies, also one of my favorite people in the whole world.  She had to be rushed to the hospital last night; she is having problems with her pancreas, so she will have to stay home to get better for an additional 2 or so weeks.  Spent most of the day in the hospital with her as a district, the spirit was so strong as we sang "Nearer my God to Thee" for her.  Please keep Hermana Thompson in your prayers.


-Also, today one of my good friends that I have made here told me that his Dad passed away.  My heart literally broke for him.  My heart still aches for him, but it is so comforting that we have the knowledge that he will see his father again.  Please keep the Mataele family in your prayers as well.
-So basically this week was full of a lot of crying.  But the thing is, I still go to bed at night feeling peace and comfort from my savior.  I read Jacob 4:7, and found so much peace from this.  
People have told me that a mission is an emotional roller coaster.  I can definitely confirm this.  I have definitely experienced highs and lows, but the highs definitely outweigh the lows.  This work is amazing, and everyday I feel like I am getting stronger.  Thank you all for the love, support, and prayers. I'm sorry if I don't respond to your emails this week; I did not have a lot of time today!  I love you all!

To sum up my MTC experience...4 square and learning to bring others to the temple! Gotta love it!

Con amor,

Hermana Norman



















She ran into Elder Tua Ward who used to be in Lehi 42nd ward with us! He is on his way to NY Spanish speaking mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment