Monday, November 21, 2016

Happiness is...



Me and my new companion, Hermana Alvarez

So I love my new area!  It is so different, but change is always good. (: 

If everything works out, we are going to have a baptism this Saturday.His name is Brian, he is 17 years old, and he has a really hard life. His family has a lot of problems, but he has found hope through the Book of Mormon, he LOVES it.  There is so much power in this book.  It truly can change lives! But I` m beyond excited.  

We are also teaching another man. He is Korean and doesn't speak much Spanish or English. It is a challenge to teach him because of the language barrier.  But yet, we know he is getting something out of it all, because he keeps saying, "I can feel it. I know it is good." Everyone speaks the language of the Spirit. 

We also have another family that we are teaching. They are the nicest people ever! Yet looking at them, people may be a little scared. They have a rough life being in and out of jail. Their appearance may not be one that we consider "friendly". But I tell you, don't judge a book by its cover. If we had, we would have missed out on knowing such amazing people. 

My companion and I were able to sing a musical number at a baptism this past Saturday, and it was so special.  It was a good reminder of what the goal is... to help people come unto Christ by entering into the waters of baptism!

I am so happy.  I love my new companion, she is hilarious and we are constantly laughing. We live with two other Hermanas in our apartment and we all get along so well. We can talk about spiritual things, work hard and still have such a good time together. 

I. AM. SO. HAPPY.

I am ready to work hard and ver milagros.

I hope that everyone can enjoy Thanksgiving, and that we can all give thanks for all the blessings that we have! 

Love you all!

Con amor,

Hermana Norman

Welcome to my new apartment....our front door
our kitchen
A tad bit of an upgrade from my last apt

Our celebratory pancakes...18 months, 2 at 13 months and me at 5 months in the mission field


No comments:

Post a Comment