Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Are you sleeping?

It is so hard when people are so close to opening the door of baptism and Satan gets in the way.  This has been the case with all of our investigators lately.  It is SO HARD.  I can see the light that the gospel brings into their lives, and then Satan works his way and they begin to doubt all the feelings and answers that they have received.  Despite losing a lot of our investigators, I continue to strive to remain positive and do my part in this work.  

I gave a talk this past Sunday based on the conference talk titled ¨ Are you sleeping through the restoration?¨ by President Uchtdorf in May 2014.  I LOVE THIS TALK, and I encourage everyone to read it.  But in this talk it talks about how being a disciple of Christ is not an effort of once a week or once a day.  It is an effort of once and for all.  Isn´t this a great reminder?!  It also talks about how we can combat selfishness, addictions, and and competing priorities. I love how in the mission, I have learned to manage my time, and to truly focus on the needs of others.  I am so much happier when I apply these principles in my life!

It is hot here in Argentina, and also the Siesta here is crazy.  Everyone sleeps for hours in the middle of the day after lunch.  So it is so hard to work during this time, but we still manage to find people to teach.  I truly believe that the Lord places people in our path.  

Thank you for all the love and support!

Con amor,
Hermana Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment