Monday, June 12, 2017

MATEO

Another miracle...Mateo was baptized and confirmed this past weekend. What a sweet feeling it was to see him in all white standing in the baptismal font. But what was so special was seeing the faces of his parents as they watched their son being baptized and confirmed. Mateo's parents (Maria and Martin) have been inactive for almost 10 years, and now are coming back to church. Now we are setting goals f=with them so that they can go to the temple and be sealed as a family. What an amazing weekend for the Gavilan family. ♡
I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to play a part in helping this special family. I have truly grown to love this family and have helped them come or "come back" to Christ.

Satan really likes to discourage missionaries. Especially when there is a baptism near. This week was full of "let downs". Many people told us that they didn't want to continue meeting with us, or we had to break up with them because they weren't progressing. It's hard. Sometimes I just don't understand why people wouldn't want the happiness that comes from the Gospel. But I have so much hope and faith that everything happens in the Lord's time.

I had a lot of embarrassing moments this week...thought I'd share a few:

*we were teaching a lesson to two teenagers. This was the 1st lesson and it seemed like they were more interested in the fact that we were from the states. But with the help of the Spirit, they actually started LISTENING. I started to finish the lesson with my testimony, and I was on a roll. The Spirit was strong, they were super interested, my Spanish was good and then in the middle of my testimony I say "caja" or in English "box". Seriously, I was like, " I know this church is true, I know that Heavenly Father box! Everyone immediately started laughing. Ugh, humbling moment. My Spanish isn't as good as I think. Still mess up.

*People are always lying to us. But after being a missionary for a year, I am ow really good at knowing and recognizing when people are lying. One day we went to visit our investigator, Monica. The daughter, that has like 30 years, answers the door and when we ask for Monica. She says, "oh wow. She just got in the shower." Yeah I could CLEARLY see Monica sitting at the kitchen table through the window curtains. Why do people lie?! Or seriously the famous line, "Oh but Im home alone with the baby" and someone walks by behind them...hmmm interesting!

*As we were walking to church, we see a crashed car (refer to my video). But after taking a video and taking pics, we realize there is a policeman behind us, he gets out and starts questioning us. He asks us why we were taking pictures of this crashed car. MY response: Ummm, yeah. We're not from here, were actually missionaries, so maybe we can help? He tells us No, and to keep walking and preaching the gospel. Will do officer!

*We went to visit another one of our investigators and the husband answers and says, "oh okay, wait a second. I'll go get my wife." He shuts the door and we wait patiently. About 5 minutes past by. He opens the door, we startle him and he says, "oh, I forgot you guys were there" and I say "Yup, still here!'
Probably one of our top most used phrases as a missionary:
 "Yeah, still here!"
 "Hola, we're back!"
 "We are not Jehovah Witnesses"

*Oh and one more...tried talking to a deaf man on the bus...but I didn't know he was deaf. So I was thinking "wow how rude. Why is this man ignoring me?" Then he hands me a note and it says, "Im deaf". Yeah, I did my best sign language and then gave him an invitation to church.

And so this week I learned that it is always good to laugh at yourself. Making mistakes is part of being human.

Also, this Sunday is Fathers Day. So Happy Fathers Day! To all my uncles, cousins, grandpas and most importantly MY DAD!

Thank you♡
I love you all💞
Con Amor,
Hermana Norman


video of my poor shoes
My favorite shoes...still wear them!
Random llama in Centro

Such a special day 
Familia Gavilan...Such a special family
Now on to the temple!! 
MATEO!! He is such a special boy!
Love this girl! Hna Mannewitz is simply amazing! 


NELIDA was admitted to the hospital 45 minutes away. Presidente allowed us to go visit her and the elders gave her a priesthood blessing. If this doesn't melt your heart....I don't know what will! 
I love this lady! I just want her to be out of pain. 


Video of car crash



No comments:

Post a Comment